The Wine development release 1.3.18 is now available. Wine lets you run Windows software on other operating systems (Linux, Mac, FreeBSD, and Solaris). With Wine, you can install and run these applications just like you would in Windows.
To install Wine open a Terminal window (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal) and copy+paste the following lines:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.3
When installed you can find Wine under Applications -> Wine.
Wine Homepage: WineHQ
If you already have Wine and the ppa installed Wine will be updated to the latest version when running a system update.
What’s new in this release (see below for details):
– Support for mouse pointer clipping.
– Raw mouse events support using XInput2.
– First steps of a DIB engine implementation.
– More properties supported in DXDiag.
– New security tab in the Internet control panel.
– Improved video playback on Mac OS X.
– Various bug fixes.
116 total views, 2 views today