LibreOffice 3.3.1 Final (2011-02-23)
This is the first update to the stable version of LibreOffice. It contains only safe code fixes and translation updates, and is considered safe for production use.
LibreOffice is the free power-packed Open Source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base.
To install Libreoffice 3.3.1 open a Terminal window (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal) and copy+paste the following lines:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice
If you want to integrate LibreOffice into your desktop environment use one of the following lines:
For GNOME users:
sudo apt-get install libreoffice-gnome
For KDE Users:
sudo apt-get install libreoffice-kde
When installed you can find LibreOffice under Applications -> Office.
If you already have LibreOffice and the libreoffice ppa installed… LibreOffice will be updated to the latest version after a system update.
The following notes apply:
* This release is bit-for-bit identical to the 3.3.1 Release Candidate 2, so you don’t need to download or reinstall if you have that version already.
* The distribution for Windows is an international build, so you can choose the user interface language that you prefer. Help content is available via an online service, or alternatively as a separate install.
* For Windows users that have OpenOffice.org installed, we advise uninstalling that beforehand, because it registers the same file type associations.
* If you run Windows 2000, you may require this update before being able to install LibreOffice.
* If you run Linux, the GCJ Java variant has known issues with LibreOffice, we advise to e.g. use OpenJDK instead.
* LibreOffice contains all the security fixes from OpenOffice.org in 3.3.0, and perhaps more as a side-effect of the code clean-ups.
There are a few non-critical issues still contained in this release, which will be addressed soon with upcoming bugfix versions:
355 total views, 15 views today