LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio®, which allow you to produce music with your computer.
This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface. To install Linux MultiMedia Studio open your Ubuntu Software Center (Applications -> Ubuntu Software Center) and type: lmms in the search field. Select Linux Multimedia Studio and click on the Install button, fill in your password and click on the Authenticate button. When installed you can find Linux Multimedia Studio under Applications -> Sound & Video -> Linux Multimedia Studio.
* Song-Editor for composing songs
* A Beat+Bassline-Editor for creating beats and basslines
* An easy-to-use Piano-Roll for editing patterns and melodies
* An FX mixer with 64 FX channels and arbitrary number of effects allow unlimited mixing possibilities
* Many powerful instrument and effect-plugins out of the box
* Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources
* Compatible with many standards such as SoundFont2, VST(i), LADSPA, GUS Patches, and MIDI
* Import of MIDI and FLP (Fruityloops® Project) files
168 total views, 1 views today