Cairo-Dock has been updated to version 3.0 (stable), adding numerous enhancements and bugfixes.
For users who prefer GNOME 2-like experiences, Cairo-Dock 3.0 now can be used as a separate session. At the Ubuntu login screen just select the preferred session
How to install Cairo-Dock 3.0?
Add the following official PPA (Lucid, Maverick, Natty, Oneiric, Precise)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
What is new in this release? :
- The taskbar has been greatly enhanced.
- The Log out applet has been rewritten, now allowing you to switch users.
- The control of the dock from the keyboard is now very powerful:
- many shortkeys have been added in several applets.
- you can activate a launcher by pressing a shortkey + its number.
- all shortkeys can now be managed in a single place in the configuration window.
- The Sound Menu from Ubuntu has been integrated into the Sound-Control applet.
- A new Twitter applet lets you tweet in one click.
- A new applet to inhibit the screensaver in one click.
- Separators are transparent to click in ‘Panel’ mode.
- Cairo-Dock now uses GTK3, for a better integration in a Gnome desktop.
- Few additions to the DBus API.
- Text drawing (e.g. with Clock) has been improved.
- Icons from user icons theme are now loaded with the right size.
- The new default theme with a panel is now included in the core package.
128 total views, 4 views today